JOIN THE VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS
As yesterday's defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group. Our common bond is the battlefield, whether it is service in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo, the Persian Gulf, the war on terrorism or peace-keeping expeditionary campaigns. Your courage and sacrifice have made a difference in preserving and defending world peace.
If you have received a campaign medal for overseas service; have served
30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever
received hostile fire or imminent danger pay, then you're eligible to
join our ranks.
To become one of the 'elite' contact VFW Post 8466, write us, call us, or email us but please contact us! Our address and phone number are at the bottom of the page, or click on the CONTACT page to send us an e-mail.
We meet at 7 PM on the 1st Thursday of every month at the Legion Hall in Wake Forest. Come to one of our monthly meetings to fill out an application
or use this fillable Official Application Form
. Print it out and send it to the address at the bottom of this page or save it and email to email@example.com. Remember to also enclose a copy of your DD Form 214, an LES with imminent danger or hostile fire pay (or other proof of eligibility), and of course your payment.
For an in-depth look at who we are at Post 8466 & what we do, click here.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
We are often asked, "What do I get out of joining?" The answer is, "A multitude of benefits!"
- We provide a shared experience. We know what it's like to have served under combat conditions.
- We provide camaraderie and friendship fostered through the Post's civic and work projects as well as social events.
- We help our brothers and sisters in arms by supporting the USO, VA Hospital, Fisher Houses, Transition Battalions and more.
- We provide financial assistance to struggling military and Veterans by directly working with them to address specific needs.
- We work directly with State and Federal Legislatures to be sure that Veterans' voices are heard. There is strength in numbers and the more members we have, the more powerful our voice is!
- We provide programs and services to make sure that you receive all of the benefits which you have earned and to which you are entitled!
- The VFW appreciates your service, and so do patriotic businesses
across the country. That's why we've teamed up to offer you (as a VFW
member) and your family discounted pricing on valuable merchandise and
services. It's just one more way we're able to say, "Thank You" for all
you've done to protect our freedom!
- Retail Discounts: This is just a short list of the local companies and businesses that offer discounts to active Military and Veterans.
- National Insurance Program: Life Insurance, Medicare Programs, Life Planning & Annuities
- Medical Services: Discounts on hearing aids and services, pharmacy, optical services and medical alert systems.
We also offer our On-line Membership System (OMS)
to allow you to manage your personal and contact information, pay your dues, convert to Life Membership or upgrade to Legacy Life Membership. NOTE: to use OMS (Online Membership System) tools, you will need to create an account and password on the VFW National website. Click here to create an account and password.